Welcome to the CPD program!
We offer a selection of professional development courses aimed at meeting the learning needs nurse practitioners as well as registered nurses who require advanced knowledge due to working with specific populations. These courses will assist Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses to:
- Significantly increase the knowledge and competence of NPs and RNs to address advanced care needs of their patients
- Improve the health outcomes of their clients;
- Provide a mechanism for professional development and targeted learning
- Support recruitment and retention by enabling nurses to have access learning opportunities while staying in their own communities;
- Please go to “courses” to see a list of our current courses and course descriptions
|Women’s Health and Menopause|
|Antibiotic Use in Community|
|Advancing Male Health in Ottawa|
Prescribing Narcotics and Controlled Substances
This module introduces the therapeutic application of narcotics and controlled substances along with the legal and professional competencies and responsibilities required by prescribers or those who support care of patients who’s conditions are managed with these therapeutic agents. This course will be of interest to nurse practitioners and advanced practice nurses who provide palliative care, pain care or who work in rural or remote settings in providing care to patients who clinically require these therapeutic agents for optimal care.